288 Group Ltd traces its origin back to the foundation of the “Harry Allen” wholesale stamp business in Ealing, West London in 1945. In 1958 the business relocated to more spacious premises in Hertfordshire which is where we were based for over fifty years.
During 2009 the group relocated from five separate buildings in Watford and Sutton, to new purpose built premises in Poole, Dorset.
288 House, located close to Tower Park in Poole, represents a five million pound investment to provide efficient working space in which to run our businesses, and a comfortable, convenient and pleasant working environment for our employees.
288 House,1 Aston Way, Mannings Heath, Poole, BH12 4FE
As part of the construction of 288 House the local authority requested an installation of public art. Stephen Allen commissioned Jeremy Lord of The Colour Light Company and he produced “Transformations”, the constantly changing lighting scheme which can be seen in the second floor window of the building.